Applicant – John Nham
How long have you been a member?
Why do you think you will be good in this role? Please list specific goals or objectives you want to accomplish.
– I have managed the club’s finances for the past 2.5 years
– help promote the club
– be an advocate for the club in the community and city
– help enhance the delivery of club programs
– ensure all members equal access to club resources, facilities and programs
– improve operational efficiency
– to ensure the longevity and sustainability of the club and the sport
– to help establish both short term and long term goals for the board and the club
– to remain an active member within the club and also encourage others to remain active members
What previous experience do you have related to this role?
- Assume a leadership role on board committees and initiatives related to all financial matters
- Maintains the accounting system by recording entries, verifying and posting account transactions.
- Ensure all bills and payables are paid in a timely manner
- Reconcile all revenues and funds collected in a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborate with other board members to ensure memberships are paid on time
- Prepare and submit payroll deduction on a timely manner.
- Assets Management – Work in conjunction with the Executive to determine club’s properties and assets value.
- Prepare and submit annual return to ensure the club is active and in good standing with Service Alberta
- Prepare and submit annual audit information to AGLC for compliance.
- Annual renewal of club insurances, DBC membership, and all related annual dues and fees.
- Act as a chair for the club casino event
What are some of your major contributions to the club?
As a board member, I have ensured that the appropriate rules and regulations are followed by the club and that spending is appropriate and adequate. Club finances have been kept in order with spending being in the club’s best interest. I have helped volunteer in and organize club events, such as the boat launch, open house, Riverdale festival, dock and clubhouse maintenance, fall cleanup, fit fest, and have also been the chair of the casino.