June 11, 2018
Edmonton Dragon Boat Racing Club
Outrigger Canoe Program Set 1 will run from June 11 – July 19! Please READ details below.
Are you looking for a different way to supplement your Dragon Boat Training? Ever wondered what those weird looking boats are in the yard? Prepare for all your questions to be answered! For the very first time, EDBRC is happy to announce that we will be offering a series of “OC 101” courses!!!
What does this course entail? Here is a quick run down:
- Target Audience: Paddlers who have never OC-ed before
- Pre-requisite: Current member of EDBRC
- Cost: $50
- Coach: Colleen DeRoy
- Goal: To demonstrate techniques of Outrigger Paddle, how it can be applicable to Dragon Boat Racing. As well as how to safely enter/exit an Outrigger & how to get back in the boat if it flips. This is NOT meant to be a workout.
This will be a 6 week long course, once a week with 4 different session offerings starting on:
- Session 1: June 11 @5:00PM-6:00PM
- Session 2: June 11 @8:00PM-9:00PM
- Session 3: June 13 @5:00PM-6:00PM
- Session 4: June 13 @8:00PM-9:00PM
If you register for a session, your classes will be that day of week & time for 6 weeks. For example, if I register for session 2, the first session will be June 11 @8PM. The second session will be June 18 @8PM and so on.