July 31, 2018
Edmonton Dragon Boat Racing Club
Outrigger Canoe Program Set 2 will run from July 30 – September 3! Please READ details below.
Are you looking for a different way to supplement your Dragon Boat Training? Ever wondered what those weird looking boats are in the yard? Prepare for all your questions to be answered! For the very first time, EDBRC is happy to announce that we will be offering a series of “OC 101” courses!!!
What does this course entail? Here is a quick run down:
- Target Audience: Paddlers of ALL experience level with OC
- Pre-requisite: Current member of EDBRC
- Cost: $50
- Coach: Colleen DeRoy
- Goal: To demonstrate techniques of Outrigger Paddle, how it can be applicable to Dragon Boat Racing. As well as how to safely enter/exit an Outrigger & how to get back in the boat if it flips. This is NOT meant to be a workout.
This will be a 6 week long course, once a week with 4 different session offerings starting on:
- Session 1: July 30 @5:00PM-6:00PM
- Session 2: July 31 @5:00PM-6:00PM
- Session 3: August 1 @5:00PM-6:00PM
If you register for a session, your classes will be that day of week & time for 6 weeks. For example, if I register for session 2, the first session will be July 31 @5PM. The second session will be August 7 @5PM and so on.